Friday, January 8, 2010

Doing More Of What I Do


This week has been spent mostly in the car and waiting for the boy at rehearsals and lessons. When I've been home I haven't had a lot of time, so I've just tried to keep it simple, cutting out mittens and hats...except for one thing. I had this purple sweater and it was pretty big. I occasionally make skirts for little girls from the recycled sweaters, and I'll always have a woman say to me, "I wish I could have one of those!" I tell her that the sweaters are pretty small by the time they are felted, and not big enough for a woman's skirt.
Well, this time I was able to make one. It's a mini, falls about mid-thigh on me, and I'm not sure if I'm done with it or not - it might want embellishment (that's why there's no picture of it yet). I have to check it out with the women who live with me, and just let it talk to me. I think it's saying it wants a vine, but that means needle felting, and I'm not sure my arm is up for that. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment