Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chippy's Awake


The chipmunk who lives under our porch has awakened from his winter nap. The other day when I went out the back door, he'd been sitting on the step, and I startled him. He dashed into the garage, which is his new favorite place, I think. I have a barrel of black sunflower bird seed in there, and there are a whole lot of shelled seeds on top of the pile now!

This is the first chippy I've made in a bit. I'd been out of chestnut fiber, which I need for his head. I got some alpaca from a seller on Etsy (Chimera is her shop name, if you want to get some, too) and now I'm set for chipmunks and a bunch of different birds.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww!!!
    It's sooo cute!!!
    It reminds me of the chipmunk that sat on your shoe when you went hiking with Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and he's eating up all my seed! But I don't begrudge it, he's had a long sleep and I love him...

    ReplyDelete