Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Bunch of Sewing

Here are a couple of samples of yesterday's sewing. These hats are made from recycled sweaters, most often lambswool, and they are lined with cashmere, also from recycled sweaters.

Sometimes folks like to have a hat and mitten set for gift giving (or to treat themselves!).

Today I'm doing a bunch of cutting and have 2 skirts cut and laid out as well as more in the way of hats, mittens, and slippers. I have to decide whether I will keep cutting or start in on the sewing now. I have some errands to run, so that may decide it for me!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. What a genius idea to *line* the hats with cashmere! I have so many scratchy wool sweaters that would make beautiful hats, but they'd be too rough. This is the perfect solution! Thanks for posting these. Love the design of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People love the cashmere on the inside. Make sure to felt it first, you'll love the way it feels! I got the pattern on the internet and just made a few adjustments to make it the way I wanted it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete