Friday, September 3, 2010

No Hurricane?


This week has been a mish-mash of errands, doing little things to help my girl get ready to move back to school, getting ready for the school year with the Boy, and my own work. I don't have a lot of things done, but here's some of them.

I didn't quite know what to do with this sweater. It was big, and thick. I do have a standing order for Christmas stockings, so I made one from the sleeves. Then I had the brainwave that it would be great as slippers. I no longer had enough to do a double layer on the bottom, so the inner lining is cashmere. Not as thick, but I don't think anyone would complain. : )

A man at the Coventry market asked for a screech owl.

Longies made from a really thick, soft sweater. The top is from a thick cashmere turtleneck. These will be so cozy I wish I could wear them.

These are made from another really thick sweater. It took a while to figure out what to do with it, but the Nordic design finally yelled at me that it wanted to be hats and mittens. I was able to get 2 hats and 2 pairs of mittens from it. Dale of Norway never skimps.
And, finally, a mountain blue bird.

Have a great holiday weekend and stay out of the way of hurricanes, if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment