Monday, March 22, 2010

Food Waste Friday

I've taken to reading The Frugal Girl and every Friday she takes a photo of the food she's not used in the past week and had to throw out. I don't have a photo, but I bet you can all picture a banana gone way past its time...

I'm going to a baby shower this Sunday and last night as I was drifting off to sleep I was thinking about the gifts I will bring. I have a red cashmere ski hat with a white pom pom (made from recycled sweaters, of course), and a felted ball. I like to make the wrapping a useful part of the gift, so I think I will make a couple of flannel burp cloths to wrap the hat and ball in, and put it all in a basket. I also like to make things as "green" as possible, so I'll look to see if I have any nice flannel I can recycle; if not, I'll get some new soft flannel.

No comments:

Post a Comment