Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Requested Phoebe




One of the birds that I get asked to make most often for customers is the phoebe. Usually it's because they know someone named Phoebe, and want to give a special gift. Here's the one I finished felting this morning.


Here's a link to the Cornell website if you'd like to listen to its song.

Reading the description on the site, I see that the photo in my bird book may be of an immature bird, as the site says that adults have no distinct wing bars and no eye rings, though it really looks like they are there in my book. So they are there on my bird. Next one I make will hopefully be more true!

I had a lovely weekend of work. Saturday was probably this summer's most perfect day. I was in Litchfield, which has a higher elevation than here where I live, so the temperature was a tad cooler. The sky was a brilliant blue, there was a cool breeze and the colors were so crystal clear. On Sunday the storms held off till the Coventry market was almost over, and then we only got a bit of rain. Yesterday in West Hartford it was sunny and hot, but there was a nice breeze that kept it from being unbearable. Folks seem to be really happy that market season is back. I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment