Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Embellished the Slippers

The slippers I made last week have been sitting on my table, waiting for me to label them and pack them away, but I kept not doing it. Somehow they did not look done, finished, happy to be who they were. So I spoke with one of my in-house consultants, who suggested some embellishment, at least on the orange ones. I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to do, but took the plunge to see how it would turn out. I used some yarn I bought from a local vendor who uses sea water to do her dyeing, and now they look happy.


I think I may embellish at least one of the pairs of brown ones, as well.

I had a laid-low weekend. I picked up a minor stomach bug and spent a bunch of time just sitting around. I can't do a lot of nothing, though (I am a human doing, not a human being), so I got a bunch of needle felting done.
I was very fortunate to have my arm hold up while I did all this!
Here's a closer look at the gnomes.

I was thrilled to be able to pick enough strawberries from the garden to use in shortcake. They are amazing!

This week is the beginning of my market season. I'm happy about it again (having all that needle felted stuff to bring with me helps)! Sunday is the opening of the Coventry Farmer's Market - hope to see some of you there~

2 comments:

  1. I think your consultants had a good idea. See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wide assortment of styles and plans for these shoes is accessible for you to browse. In any case, there two or three things you will need to remember when purchasing this style of footwear. Kawaii store

    ReplyDelete